Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds ‘Green Guide’
The Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (also known as the Green Guide) is recognised around the world as best practice for the design and planning, and the safety management and operation of sport grounds.
Its aim is to assist in the assessment of safe capacity of a sports ground.
The Guide is used around the world by architects and designers as a best practice guide for the development and refurbishment of stadiums. The latest (sixth) edition offers expert advice and technical specifications on ensuring a safe environment for spectators.
It provides guidance on a number of areas including:
- Calculating the safe capacity of a sports grounds
- Management responsibility and planning for safety
- Circulation, including ingress, egress, vertical, concourses and vomitories
- Barriers and separating elements
- Seating accommodation
- Standing accommodation
- Demountable structures
- Fire safety
- Communications and control
- Mechanical and electrical installations
- Medical and first aid provision
- Media provision
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there may be a slight delay in hard copies of the Green Guide being sent. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Both Hard and Digital Copies
Hard and digital versions are priced at £95 each or you can purchase both as a bundle for £150.
To order more than five hard copies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping details.
We have discounts available for purchasing multiple hard copies of the Green Guide:
- 15-49 – 10% discount
- 50-99 – 15% discount
- 100+ – 20% discount
To make a bulk order, please contact email@example.com.
- Annex A – (P) factor indicative questions (pdf)
- Annex A – (P) Factor Indicative Questions (Word)
- Annex B – (S) Factor Indicative Questions – PDF
- Annex B – (S) Factor Indicative Questions – Word
- Annex C – Guidance on colour vision deficiency
- Annex D – Demountable stand checklist (pdf)
- Annex D – Demountable Structures Checklist
- Annex E – Medical room checklist (pdf)
- Annex E – Medical Room Checklist
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY
After purchasing the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds Sixth Edition (ISBN 978-1-9164583-0-7) (“The Green Guide”) you will have the non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to view, download and use a copy of The Green Guide. Although you may use The Green Guide in a professional capacity the licence is personal to you and entered into with you as an individual. The licence is not entered into with the organisation that you work for. If any other individuals at your organisation would like to view or use The Green Guide they must purchase their own copy of The Green Guide from our website.
The Green Guide and all intellectual property rights in The Green Guide are owned by Sports Grounds Safety Authority.
The Green Guide [and any other contents of this website] may be viewed and printed. After purchase of The Green Guide you can download it 3 times only. You are permitted to store an electronic copy of The Green Guide on your systems, for your use, after download.
You may not do any of the following with The Green Guide (or any part of The Green Guide):
- publish, publicly display, make available to the public, communicate by any means, or in any format;
- share, distribute, transmit, rent, lease, sub-license, loan, transfer, assign The Green Guide to any other person or organisation;
- sell, translate, change, amend, merge, adapt, vary, alter, modify;
- reproduce, copy, link to or frame The Green Guide;
- remove, bypass, circumvent, neutralise, modify or alter the copyright notice or watermark or remove any other technological protection or means of identification as they appear on The Green Guide; or
- disassemble, de-compile, convert, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of The Green Guide.
If you do any of the unauthorised acts listed above you may be subject to civil or criminal proceedings.