Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds ‘Green Guide’ – Available Now
The sixth edition of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds, also known as the Green Guide, is now available to purchase.
The Green Guide helps sports grounds owners and operators calculate a safe capacity for their venue. It is used around the world by architects and designers as a best practice guide for the development and refurbishment of stadiums. The new sixth edition offers the latest expert advice and technical specifications on ensuring a safe environment for spectators.
Both Hard and Digital Copies
Hard and digital versions are priced at £95 each or you can purchase both as a bundle for £150.
We have discounts available for purchasing multiple hard copies of the Green Guide:
- 15-49 – 10% discount
- 50-99 – 15% discount
- 100+ – 20% discount
To make a bulk order, please contact the SGSA office at email@example.com.
- Annex A – (P) factor indicative questions
- Annex B – (S) factor indicative questions
- Annex C – Guidance on colour vision deficiency
- Annex D – Demountable stand checklist
- Annex E – Medical room checklist
- Worked Example A – Football Rugby
- Worked Example B – Cricket
- Worked Example C – Horse racing
We would like to know how you have used the Green Guide previously.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY
After purchasing the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds Sixth Edition (ISBN 978-1-9164583-0-7) (“The Green Guide”) you will have the non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to view, download and use a copy of The Green Guide. Although you may use The Green Guide in a professional capacity the licence is personal to you and entered into with you as an individual. The licence is not entered into with the organisation that you work for. If any other individuals at your organisation would like to view or use The Green Guide they must purchase their own copy of The Green Guide from our website.
The Green Guide and all intellectual property rights in The Green Guide are owned by Sports Grounds Safety Authority.
The Green Guide [and any other contents of this website] may be viewed and printed. After purchase of The Green Guide you can download it 3 times only. You are permitted to store an electronic copy of The Green Guide on your systems, for your use, after download.
You may not do any of the following with The Green Guide (or any part of The Green Guide):
- publish, publicly display, make available to the public, communicate by any means, or in any format;
- share, distribute, transmit, rent, lease, sub-license, loan, transfer, assign The Green Guide to any other person or organisation;
- sell, translate, change, amend, merge, adapt, vary, alter, modify;
- reproduce, copy, link to or frame The Green Guide;
- remove, bypass, circumvent, neutralise, modify or alter the copyright notice or watermark or remove any other technological protection or means of identification as they appear on The Green Guide; or
- disassemble, de-compile, convert, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of The Green Guide.
If you do any of the unauthorised acts listed above you may be subject to civil or criminal proceedings.
Can I still access the last edition of the Guide?
The fifth edition of the Green Guide is no longer accessible.
Why is there a cost increase in the Guide?
The sixth edition of the guide has been two years in production. It represents a significant investment by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) and we expect it to make a major contribution to sports grounds safety for many years to come. The charge reflects this investment.
The SGSA is a non-profit organisation and any income generated will be reinvested into our service to promote safety at sports grounds in the UK and internationally.