Fan experiences at pilots
The SGSA and UK Sport have worked in partnership with the University of Edinburgh to understand the experience of spectators who have attended pilot events in the UK.
The project, co-funded by UK Sport, has seen surveys completed by 1,821 spectators who attended pilot sport events between 26 July and 3 October 2020. The events covered football, horse racing, cricket, basketball and snooker.
The aim of the project was to get an understanding of how spectators felt about returning to a venue to watch live sport.
The results found:
- Overall, respondents had high trust in event organisers to maintain their safety
- Respondents reported positive experiences, including regaining a sense of “normality”
- Respondents believed all safety measures present were important
- Providing clear and actionable information about how to follow safety measures was important
- Effective sources of information included other spectators, events signage, stewards, announcements and pre-event communications
The full reports are available below: