Planning safe events – online training
Venue management and event organisers around the world face common challenges and need practical tools and guidance to help ensure the safety of people who attend their events.
Our document – Supplementary Guidance 03: Event Safety Management – provides a comprehensive overview of the planning and delivery of safe events.
This training course complements the guidance and focuses on how the contents of the Event Safety Management guidance can be applied to venues. It will cover:
- The strategic and operational aspects of the event planning cycle
- Identify how to carry out risk assessments
- Control, co-ordination, communication and intelligence (C3I)
- Event planning and the Operations Manual
- Incident management and contingency planning
- Audit trails and debriefing.
There will be a mix of trainer led discussions and group exercises which will help develop and enhance the understanding of applying the Event Safety Management document.
The training will be delivered by SGSA inspectors: Rick Riding, Jill McCracken and Andy Robinson.
We have the following dates available in 2022, with each course taking place between 10am and 3.30pm:
- Thursday 23 June – spaces available, book online
- Thursday 8 September – spaces available, book online
The price of the training is £100 per person.
If you have any questions about the training, please contact email@example.com.
The training has been rated highly by those who have completed it. Comments include:
“Very knowledgeable SGSA members giving good advice around good documents which help us design / operate venues safely”
“Thanks for doing this – I consider myself reasonably experienced but still picked plenty up from todays training”
“Great job everyone – your passion and knowledge are amazing.”