Developing a new stadium in Perth
The Government of Western Australia wanted to build a new major outdoor sports stadium on the Burswood Peninsula, Perth. Key components of the new Perth Stadium Project included a 60,000 seat multi-purpose stadium and a surrounding sports precinct
To ensure that the stadium design met with recognised international standards and best practice, the Western Australian Government engaged us to provide expertise in support of the development of a new stadium in Perth.
We provided assistance including the following:
- Review preferred respondent’s materials – drawings and reports
- Review stadium code compliance with Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds 5th Edition (Green Guide).
- Review deviations from Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds 5th Edition (Green Guide) including fire engineers’ solutions.
- Report on the risks and shortcomings for safety and code compliance for negotiations with the developer.
- Assess submissions / design and strategy proposals as they arose during negotiations as part of a wider team.