Sports Technology and Innovation Group – Call for ideas
The Sports Technology and Innovation Group has been formed by the Government to explore solutions to get fans back into venues. The Group is made up of sport, health and tech experts who will work with sport bodies to support the return of fans to sports events as soon as possible.
We are seeking technologies and innovations which provide solutions to any of the following issues being faced:
Ticketing and venue capacity
- How can we increase capacities whilst maintaining social distancing in venues?
- How can we build fan confidence to attend sporting events?
Pre-event and build-up
- How can we use pre-event interactions to promote key safety messages?
- How can we ensure fans take on responsibility for their individual, peer and community safety?
Travelling to the venue
- How can we minimise transmission risk from fans travelling to and from grounds?
- How can we reduce the impact on public transport for sports grounds in urban areas?
Zone Ex (last mile) and entry
- How can we avoid crowded bottlenecks at entry, exit and within venues?
Inside the venue
- How can we ensure fans can circulate safely within the ground? Especially when buying food and drink.
Departure and post-event
- What role can technology such as smart phones play in reducing transmission risk across the fan journey?
- How can we maintain socially responsible behaviours after the event?
- Submitting information in no way offers any form of endorsement and must not be referenced in any marketing information.
- The information will be considered by the officials of the Sports Technology and Innovation Group.
- We will not be able to provide individual feedback on any solutions or services submitted. If we require any additional information, we will contact you. We will be unable to provide any information on the progress of the submission.
- We do not require any commercially sensitive information.
We intend to close the public call later this month, so submissions should be sent no later than midnight on Friday 30 October 2020.
Many thanks to those companies who have already submitted information. We will be in touch if we need further information.