The SGSA has developed a suite of guidance and materials to support sports grounds to plan for the safe return of fans. This page provides an overview of the information available.
SG02: Planning for Social Distancing at Sports Grounds
In August, the SGSA published its guidance on planning for the return of fans under social distancing conditions. This document outlines how to calculate a socially distanced capacity and details the management responsibilities, including circulation around the ground.
Download the guidance: SG02 Planning for Social Distancing at Sports Grounds
In addition the UK version, we have published an international edition (SG02i) which is available in English, French and Spanish.
To support the implementation of the guidance we have developed the following:
- Videos, led by Ken Scott, which explains each of the chapters of the guidance
- Webinars, available to watch on demand, which give an overview of the guidance along with in-depth question and answer sessions with Ken Scott
- Online training course, with date available through the autumn
- Case studies from Movement Strategies assessing the application of the SG02 guidance on two English Football League clubs
- Research into spectator experiences at pilot events
We also have published a document which outlines the regulatory controls for sports with spectators: Policy Guidance – Sport with Spectators COVID-19 Regulatory Controls – August 2020.
Sport without spectators
We have developed guidance for sports grounds in the delivery of sports behind closed doors:
UK Government guidance
Sports Technology and Innovation Group
The UK Government has set up the Sports Technology and Innovation Group to work with sport bodies to explore high-tech solutions to get fans back into venues.
The Group has a call for submissions for technologies and innovations which provide solutions to the challenges of fans returning to sports grounds.